By the Apadana Chronicle Editorial Board
Through the website Change.org, thousands of Iranians from around the signed an open letter the Japanese Prime Minister Shinzō Abe and the German Foreign Minister, Heiko Maas “in opposition to the tyrannical regime of the Islamic Republic in Iran.” The petition was posted on June 8, 2019 and organized by an organization called Friends of Iran Network ahead of the Japanese and German diplomats’ trip to Iran. More than 4,000 Iranians signed this petition, which was titled, “Islamic Republic is not my legitimate representative! Do not appease the dictator!” It primarily highlighted the atrocities committed by Iran’s Islamofascist regime since it took over power in the aftermath of the 1979 Islamic Revolution.
The content of the letter was as follows:
Honorable Mr. Shinzō Abe and Mr. Heiko Maas,
We wish you a great journey to our motherland, Iran; with the hospitable people who have been suffering for over four decades under the Islamic Republic’s oppression and dictatorship. We would like to remind you of the misdeeds of the totalitarian regime before your travel to Iran:
1. Chain murders between 1988-1998 inside both Iran and in the EU; e.g. victims of Mykonos restaurant assassinations, Karoun Hajizade (9-years old), Fereydoun Farrokhzad, Abdul Rahman Ghassemlou, Shapour Bakhtiar, and thousands more.
2. Shooting and killing of more than 150 civilians in the 2009 Iranian presidential election peaceful protests such as Neda Agha-Soltan and Mostafa Karim Beigi.
3. Civil death of Bahais including study and work ban, destruction of the Bahai cemeteries, persecution, prison, and execution; e.g. Mona Mahmoudnejad, Farhang Amiri and many others.
4. Prison and persecution for women who bravely stood against compulsory Hijab.
5. Prison and persecution for thousands of students, lawyers and human-rights activists; e.g. Amir Salar Davoodi, Arash Sadeghi, Atena Daemi and many others.
6. Civil death of Gonabadi Dervishes including study and work ban, persecution, prison, execution (Mohammad Salas), or death under torture (Mohammad Raji).
7. The killing of dissident political and ideological leaders
8. Prison and persecution or death under torturefor prominent environmentalists such as Iranian-Canadian university professor Kavous Seyed-Emami.
9. Prison and persecution for teachers and workers and others who protest for their rights; e.g. Mohammad Habibi, Esmaeil Abdi, Maryam Akbari Monfared
10. Legalization and systematic support for child marriage!
11. Employing and exploiting children as soldiersduring the Iran-Iraq war (1980-1988)!
12. Execution of Juveniles and Minors; e.g. Atefeh Rajabi Sahaaleh (16-years old).
13. Supporting Assad regime and killing of Syrian civilians, which resulted in over 500,000 innocent civilian casualties and over 5 millions refugees; not to mention disturbing the stability of the middle-east and establishment of terrorist groups such as ISIS.
14. The 1988 executions of Iranian political prisoners.
As history has amply demonstrated, fascism in the Nazi regime came to an end due to support from other nations and their leaders. In 2019, Mr. Steinmeier sent his deepest regards to the Islamic Republic for the regime’s 40th anniversary! Last year alone there were 7000 prisoners of conscience and political prisoners in the regime’s prisons.
As a cry for justice and in the name of humanity, we would ask you to shake hands with the innocent oppressed instead of the tyrant oppressor. Stay on our side and be remembered by the generations to come as an honorable leader who respects humanity and justice above all.
The oppressed people of Iran